blinker in 164 and oil

Hi everybody
>From what i've seen with more recent alfa rapid blinker means bulb out.In your
case it could mean bulb not making electric connection, due to oxidation
- -maybe- ocasionally.
When i worked in Ro, they were putting Castrol Synthetic in new 164's ,since
Selenia didn't bother with Romania.Alfa (the factory) was OK with that.We were
putting 10-60 in them.With my 164, I started with 10-40, now i use 5-50 and am
very happy with the results.My spark plugs look a lot better finally and the
occasional start-up blue smoke puffs are gone.
I think that  according to the SAE indicative for oil , only the first of the
2 numbers actually gives a reference of viscosity at cold temperature, while
the last one has more to do with the maximum temperature at which the oil
layer still provides lubrication and protection.There are in the Digest those
that work for the oil industry and would know better, I'm sure..
Vlad
'91 164L
Long Island