Re: '74 Spider Speedo

>From: briane@domain.elided

>My speedo just stopped working in my '74 Spider.
>The cable was checked and found not to be the problem.

>While driving, my speedo did a little bit of a dance and now sits at 0 with
>no movement.  Odometer and tripometer do not function now either.  This is
>not a stock speedometer.

The speedo in my '74 GTV just started exhibitng the exact same behavior.
It turned out to be the drive end that had become uncrimped enough to let
the cable core slip down and away from the speedo head.

>Can this be fixed or does it require a new speedo?  What other model/year
>Alfa's use this identical speedo?

Don't know about Spiders, but the 2000 GTV used it from '72 to '74. The
Spiders were probably longer until a cosmetic change in the instruments.

>Regardless, I would like to replace this speedo with an original.  Does
>anyone have one for sale or know where I can find one?

APE in Hayward, CA has litterally hundreds of them on the shelf for all
models. I was just there Wednesday. Give them a call: (510) 782-5800.

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |                                             |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |    "What luck for leaders that men          |
| Livermore, CA		      |    do not think.  The winner is never       |
| jack@domain.elided   |    asked if he lied." - Adolph Hitler       |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |                                             |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |