the newbie again

Ok, got a little more time now.  First the car...I race SCCA autocross in a 69
Austin Healy...had just finished up the repaint on it when a fellow racer
informed me he was selling his 78 Alfa Romeo to pay for the body and paint
work on his race vehicle (Sunbeam Alpine) He liked my car and hey, whadda ya
know he's willing to trade the Alfa for the work...I try to be nice and say
I'll help him without him having to give up his precious Alfa.  But he insists
so I relent (ok, didnt have to twist my arm a whole lot) So now the work on
the Sunbeam is almost complete and I get to start to play with this Alfa.  It
is a 78 Nikki Lauda Edition Spyder.  The only thing to identify it as the
Nikki Lauda is the dash plaque which lists it as number 93 (of a total of ???,
anyone know) the rest of the identifying graphics were poorly painted over
long ago.  So if anyone has any photos of an original Nikki Lauda edition the
would greatly assist in my restoration.  Aside from the usual door dings and
rocker panel rot is solid and clean.  Runs good....except...runs beautiful
when you start it cold and as long as you leave it running....but shut her
down and restart without at least 30 min cooling off time and it runs like
hell.  Upon advice of others we pulled and tested the Thermostatic Actuator
and it is not thermostaticly actuating anymore. :) (Hoping this is the problem
but all other suggestions gladly heard)  And any spare thermostatic acutators
gladly accepted  :)   Or cheap deals on a complete Weber setup.  The car and I
are located in New Jersey.  Still leary about the whole Alfa ownership
prospect.  I love the car....but there is nothing cheap and thank your
congressmen but us military types dont make enough to pay the bills so the car
may have to be sold if I cant find some moderately priced parts to fix it.
But it has really captured me so I will scrimp and save, and eat mac and
cheese for another month and try and get her running right to enjoy for the
summer.  Nice to have found you all...hope to learn alot and hopefully
contribute a little once I figure this thing out :)

Jim