Houston Alfa Activity

Scuderia Alfa Romeo, Houston, Texas Chapter of AROC is holding it's
annual spring wildflower tour is this Saturday March 27th at 8:45 A.M.
Join us rain or shine (preferred) for the Bluebonnet Blowout! Meet at
the Shell gas station at 290W and West Street/Eldridge exit (yes, the
same exit as Matt Jone's Leper Colony) at 8:45 a.m. (see attached map).
Get on feeder and go through first set of lights, the Shell station is
on the right side at the corner of Eldridge and 290 W feeder. You can
see Alfas from the street.

Don't be late, we hit the highway at 9:15 a.m. sharp! Our route begins
on Highway 529, on an urban note (10 minutes), but soon unfolds into a
beautiful Alfa drive to Bellville. We should arrive in Bellville at
10:15 and will wait 15 minutes to rendezvous with any stragglers who
missed the start. From there, we continue on backcountry roads that
should delight Alfisti young and old, through Burton and ending at Lake
Somerville for lunch at the Country Inn Steakhouse at 11:30.

We do not have official reservations at this quaint country house just
north of Lake Somerville on Hwy 36. They have generously agreed to have
Alfas join the normal Harley and pickup crowd (gun racks included!) for
"the Best Darn Steak in Texas" (409-596-1222). Whether your taste buds
are tempted by their T-bones (from 1 to 2 1/2 pounds!), a sirloin for
two or a half order of chicken fried steak, these fine folks will fill
your stomach without emptying your wallet. They have kindly asked that
we be there promptly at 11:30 a.m. and provide them with a headcount a
week in advance.

Please call either Ralph Fetsch 281-480-6748 or Jim Rauh 281-282-9734 by
3/20 with your lunch rsvp...from seafood to sandwiches to salads (don't
miss the Bluebonnet Blueberry cheesecake), Country Inn Steakhouse is
sure to bring you back to Washington County again.

After lunch, either continue on 390 East (Bahia Hwy) or head south on
Hwy 36 fifteen minutes to the annual Brenham "Spring Fling". This
downtown festival offers arts and crafts, antiques, entertainment,
antique cars, pony rides, a petting zoo, a pet parade and story-telling.
We have submitted a press release to the Brenham Chamber of Commerce,
and they are very excited to see some of Scuderia Corriere's (and Texas'
finest chapter) classic Alfas!

Folks can leave at their leisure either from Brenham, or wander back
through Bellville, a cute antique haven for the gals (drive the Spiders
and Duettos, guys!). Come join us for the fun, food and friendship and
see the Bluebonnets at their peak. Please call Jim and Katie Rauh at
281-282-9734 or email us at alfisti@domain.elided with any questions and to
rsvp for lunch.

Look forward to seeing you all on March 27 with a big appetite and a
full tank of premium for a fun-filled day.

Jim and Katie