RE: Help with '83 Spider Handling

"The '82 parts car I've just cored has a later ZF steering box and didn't
seem to have the screw and locknut adjuster. I don't know whether that was
a consistent change for all the later cars."

I have a 1986 Spider Veloce and it does have the adjusting screw and lock
nut on top of the steering box. The workshop manual for my year even has the
procedure in it and the pictures match my steering box. When I bought the
car with 45,000 miles on it had tons of play in the steering wheel and
floated all over the road. I adjusted the play in the steering box and the
problem was fixed.

Brad H.