Engine Transplants

Over the past few days, the subject of nonnative motors in automobiles has
riled me up a bit. As an owner of a non-mainstream car I am concerned that
future enthusiasts will have a tough time finding cars with correct motors in
them if we have some guys doing the engine swap. I owned an RX-7 with rotary
power and after owning an alfa I gotta ask this, "What the hell is the point
of cursing the Spider with a rotary engine?" I admit I am snobbish about this
subject but I'll be darned if I can even find rhyme or reason to do such a
thing to such a great automobile.

Have you ever seen a twin cam MGA advertised with a "late model MGB engine"
installed? It breaks a guys heart. Is this the future of collector cars? Do
you know how difficult it is to find quality Alfa's to begin with? This type
of Bastardization only makes it tougher. Don't we all laugh when the Jag XJ
rolls buy with an American V8 replacing it's V12? What is the world coming to?
If you want a car with a V8, Rotary, Buick V6, then buy a car that came with
it. Heck, there are plenty of Vegas and Mavericks left if you want light
weight and a V8 on a budget.

I suppose I will get flamed to death but someone has to stop the madness.
Amen  Brothers,
Todd