Re: Personality? (spitting Webers, Alfas)

I suppose it is a matter of how much spitting the Webers are
doing. The idle stage is a tricky thing to set up on
aftermarket carb installs. And the 2000 engine was the last
and largest engine of the DOHC line to be factory equipped
with carbs. So...if the spitting is occasional and doesn't
blow the socks off the horns (or foul the butterflies with
black goo), I would suggest calling it 'personality' and
enjoy the car.

That brings to mind one thing regarding those Webers: are
they fitted with velocity stacks and socks? Inbound airflow
patterns can make a heck of a difference, especially in a
short, straight, independent run.

BTW, I'm thoroughly convinced that Alfas ARE inhabited by
some strange spirits. While 99% of the problems can be
explained in cold, engineering terms, there's still that 1%
(as evidenced by the 'Alfa Romeo Control' fitted to the
Milano...a device which could mystify Mulder and
Scully...it's purpose, origins and intents are unknown.)

Breaking my vow of 'no new posts,'

- - Eric H., Clearwater, FL