From: Bryan Carter [mailto:rosso75@domain.elided]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 1999 3:32 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Alfa motors in other stuff, racing audi wagons

ian evans wrote:  "My close friends are working on the Alfa-Rati.
Surely someone out there has dropped this powerplant into a boat or some
other kind of vehicle..."

  Some months back a friend and I had contemplated the Alfa/Maserati
swap.  We were searching for a donor car when we heard about your
friends project.  We've now moved on.  The boat idea has been discussed
and we are currently searching for an appropriate donor boat.  Other
ideas continue to be tossed around.  I have 2 2.5 V-6's just sitting
around, dying to be put into something.

Fast Audi's -- I just read the 30+ digests I was behind on, so this is
away (after reaching a
triple digit speed) by an Audi wagon.  I don't know if this was
available in a wagon, but in '91 the quattro sedans had a 217 hp 20
valve turbo.  Even in the Verde, I wouldn't feel bad.  Those quattros
are fast as hell in stock form, and even more so with a few mod's.

Bryan Carter
No. Va.