1969 GTV Seats (better late than never...)

Am really behind on my digests.... I went to visit my car after reading the
last thread on '69 GTV seats to look at mine.  The seats have the butresses,
three or four wide "tufts" and the basketweave pattern material.  Both sides
also have adjustable headrests, although they only really seem to like one
position - down against the seat top!!

I am considering splurging and seeing how much more money I can spend on my
GTV's rejuvenation - how many years is 30 in car years?? - and want to get the
seats re-upholstered in leather.  I live in the San Francisco area and would
be interested in hearing about any recommendations on a) shops, b) any
experience with the kits that World Upholstery offers, and 3) color
suggestions.  I may as well go all out and do the door panels too.... The car
will soon (Friday I hope) be Ochre and the current vinyl is the pigskin
brown/tan colour.  I am kind of leaning towards black myself, but am open to
any thoughts or words of wisdom.

Any hints, thoughts, guidance, suggestions welcome!

TIA,

John Wright
San Francisco
Welty Fund Contributor
1989 Milano American  - soon to get a well deserved rest
1969 GTV (license plate "A 69GTV) - soon to be terrorizing the Streets of San
Francisco again...