Duettos and 8 passenger sports cars

David of Troy (sorry, East Troy) writes,

>>>...in point of fact, I personally recognize *only* the '66 as a Duetto...

<WOW! You are a truly radical orthodox Duettista (or is it Duettisto ;-)
That is the strictest definition I've ever seen for the cars...

                + That's why it's "personal."           But more to the
point, I offered a rationale for that personal tongue in cheek view.  What
do you think of the rationale or does that not matter?  ( The factory
dropped the Duetto name claim before the '67's production. )

>>>I do wish, however, that folks would refrain from calling the 1750s
>>>Duettos.  Unfortunately, I expect that my wish is as effective as wishes
>>>have always been.

>Does it make you ill or lower the value of your car or...?

                 + Absolutely : the shakes, diarrhea, palpatations, angina,
fever, jaundice, gout, burning urination, migrains, and worse - you don't
want to know.  You could not imagine my state of health when I hear people
call Chimpanzes monkeys even though they find it convenient and like the
name.

>>>In any case it is far far far less important a misnomer than having my
>>>Duetto  called an MG by an admiring dilettante.

>Three "fars" mean this subject is open to debate?!?!?! Alrighty!

                  + Very very very quick of you, Michael, like the
proverbial steel trap.  Snap!  Actually, one "far" might have done it; I
was just making sure; some folks are insensitive to subtlety and nuance ;-)

>Screw it. I'll keep calling mine a Duetto for
convenience sake (and hell, I like the name too). More orthodox followers
can correct me if they like.

                 +  What do you mean by "more" orthodox or am I word
quibbling again?  Just kidding, Michael.  As you like it.  Hell, I've heard
people call their SUVs sports cars and claim that Enzo stole "GTO" from
Pontiac.  What's in a name, right?  Screw it.

David of East Troy

"Words mean whatever I choose them to mean." ______  Humpty Dumpty