spider black smoke

My 87 spider sometimes emits black smoke under hard acceleration which, if
I am correct, means that the mixture is too rich.  Where should I start to
lok for the cause.  I replaced the cat a couple month ago and have been
meaning to change to O2 sensor.  Can a bad O2 sensor cause the problem?

ALso I am reposting the question about what amp fuse to use for the
condenser fan.  The fuse holder is under the hood mounted to the fender
wall.

Thanks,
Chris