Wanted: 1987-90 Indy Alfa Romeo/March material

Howdy, Alfisti!

This weekend I received a package from Danny Van Zijl, THC AROC's
European Correspondent in Holland.

In the packet was a very interesting comparison test done in "Top
Gear" magazine's March, 1999 issue between the following (their
order!):

Rove* 75/S*ab 9-5/Alfa Romeo 166/BM* 520i/Volv* S70

I quote from the last paragraph:

"Overall, the Alfa feels just as grown-up and civilised (Brit "zed"
free spelling!) as the BM* but is more fun to drive. And there's the
styling. The 166's looks may be flawed ('...it has a rather long nose
and quite a small face, which throws the overall shape out of
balance.') , but it's still very desirable. If we could keep just one
car out of the five it would be the Alfa Romeo 166 - by a unanimous
decision."

If only AR would return to N. `merica!  We can only dream of new
Spiders, GTVs, 156s and 166s.

Also, Danny is seeking any memorabilia related to the 1987-90 Indy Car
effort (i.e. articles, photos, brochures, Indy Car programs, stickers,
etc.). He can trade Alfa Romeo brochures. Danny says, "You name it, I
will get it!"

If you have anything you'd be willing to trade contact me for Danny's
snail mail address as he's `net impaired.

`nardo
b:d+z
Alpine, Brewster County, Texas USA
     Animated global position (~2:30 load @ 28.8):