Re: GTV6 Valdez

Rich,
There are a few places for oil to leak onto the timing belt.

1) There are three oil seals, four if you count the crank which rarely leaks.
Two are on the camshafts, the third is on the distributor oil pump drive
sprocket. If it's the distributor drive you must remove the head. (Ask me how
I know, if it can be changed with the head on I feel really stupid.)

2) There are two o-rings, one on each camshaft. It is between the front plate
and the drive sprocket and should be replaced whenever the cams are removed.

3) If the motor is old and there is a lot of blowby sometimes there can be
leakage from the breather that runs down the valve cover.

Good luck
John Katos