GTV6 Valdez

Dear Alfisti,

I'm helping a friend with a GTV6 that suffered a "stripped"
timing belt (i.e., quite a few of the timing belt drive "bumps"
came off the belt). This resulted in at least one bent valve.
(The car was idling at the time -- we're still assessing
the damage.) =

In any case, the belt and the front of the engine was bathed
in oil before the incident and we're wondering what is a likely
source of this oil. The car has the updated, non-oil fed
tensioner. The oil pressure sender most likely leaks a little
as there is oil in the "V", but are there other likely
possibilities? We don't want to get the heads fixed and screw
this thing together only to have the timing belt oil soaked
again.

Thanks,

Rich Hirsch
'87 Milano