2.5 V6 engine rebuild question.

Fellow Alfisti,

I'm in the process of rebuilding my v6 2.5 engine, finally got all the
parts I needed.

I took the engine apart a couple of months ago, and was so clever as to
NOT write down the way the pistons are mounted. (well, I made a little
scribble which I can't read any more. So here's a lesson :))
My cardisc CD tells me the little arrow on top of the pistons should be
pointing to the front of the engine, this makes sense on the RH row.
However NOT on the LH row...
So, what's the correct way, RH pointing to the front and LH pointing to
the rear of the engine?

Also, how should the con-rods be assembled? My guess is with the
"half-bearing-security-notch" facing "inwards", as in, to the engine's
centre, right?

Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Chris Piepers
The Netherlands

'81 Alfasud Sprint Veloce (for nostalgic reasons)
'83 Alfetta Q'Oro (daily driver, since the Milano is waiting for it's
new heart)
'86 75 2.5V6 (Milano)
(I just LOVE those transaxles)