Alfista - alfisto

cari alfisti
I'm the one who started this controversial, sexually (as in gender) charg=
ed
thread.  I just wanted to know for sure, but did not intend to cause any
friction, because friction leads to overheating and premature wear.  I'm
glad that many responded, most with the "correct" answer.  Some 'cause th=
ey
are italians, others because they have a langage major, and others becaus=
they have an encyclopedic knowledge.  But what striked (stroke?) me the m=
ost
was Fred's response.  He carries an italian first and last name, and humb=
ly
(I believe) admits that once he was wrong, and then gives his present
assertion.  Most of us are not italian, but drive one, and try to use
italian terms to feel more "at home", i.e.: ciao, saluti, alfisti, etc.  =
And
in doing so sometimes we make mistakes.  Well, no big deal!  If you like
"alfisto" it's OK.  It's a term you use in "your" tongue.  Remember that =
in
English a car is female, as it is in Italian, however in Spanish is't
usually masculine as in un "auto", un "coche", but a coupe is "una coup=E9=
".
Same with aircraft.  Why is it so?  Who knows.  Terms and idioms take
capricious and sometimes unexplainable turns, depending on the region.  O=
ne
espresso, two espressi, un capicino, due capucini.  Have you ever ordered
"due pizzas" in Italy?  They are probably still laughing at you (it's 2
pizze, by the way)
So Alfista is the correct term in Italian, but I propose we still accept
Alfisto as an alternative in the global net language.  Or who can throw t=
he
first stone?
au revoir
Jorge, alfista nell cuore, or something like that