re: Alfa 75/Milano (also gtwe6) front suspension

hi jorge, you asked:
>...has anybody done or have experience with the
>
>a) the Alfa Haeven (aka Racing Technologies) "Steer-rite camber adjusters >T6
and stainless eccentric?  Replaces upper A-frame inboard bushing.  It's
>supposed to be used when lowering the ride height.  Is it metal only? do you
>loose some rubber dampennig?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
i have these on my lowered gtwe6 - effectively extends the length of the upper
control arms.  offsets the way-increased negative camber that occurs if you
lower your car.  it is solid aluminium, w/a bronze (brass?) sleeve.  not much
dampening going on here w/the stockers that i noticed was reduced by these, but
they do creak (squeak?).  i counter this w/spraying the area w/lithium grease
every couple months.  tom zat sez they're good for about 50k miles - i think
he's right.  i have prolly 40k miles on mine, & they're still ok.  a few weeks
ago, i called him, cuz i thought one was going away - loose wheel on that side,
& it wasn't the wheel bearings - you could see the a-arm moving in-out.  he said
most likely, the bolt holding it to the frame, was loose.  he was right.
titened it up, and all's well again.

>b) replacement of caster/ball/socket joint by the one from a 105/115 series
>car as described by Larry Dickman, Jr in Overheard Cams.  Does this mod
>eliminate some rubber dampenning as well.  How much?  Is the car less
>streetable, and more noisy - as in metal to metal wear?
==============================
haven't done this, but i've heard it makes for a wery stiff street car.  i'd
suggest the poly caster bushings as a compromise - firms up the steering w/o
beating you up.  also takes less than an hour to install.  i have these on both
my milano werde & my gtwe6.

>and c)  how about the Alfa Haeven (aka R.T.) antidive suspension limit.
>This one goes on the Dedion tube, and attached to the trunk floor to prevent
>rear lift in braking/cornering.  Are there any drawbacks?  Is it worth it
>for only street (very aggressive, though) use?
again, no 1st-hand experience, but i've heard that it also makes for a wery
stiff street car.

>Jorge, without the Milano for 2 days and suffering.
get another transaxle alfa!  :>)

ciao for now,

doug s