electronic ignition

If Petronix will not fit as ignitor system to a Marelli distributor, Then
why not start with a new Bosch distributor?  I sort of looked into this
before I fitted my Crane system, but lacked the time and expertise.
Bosch distributors are inexpensive if bought from a hi performance VW
catalog.  Someone would need to do the research on which distributor
would work best.
  At least two suppliers are furnishing systems using Bosch distributors
for their systems.  And from my limited research they are not using a
distributor that was specifically designed for the Alfa.
The Petronix system is cheaper than the Crane system, the cost savings
could be placed towards the new distributor.  A new distributor is a real
plus here also as there is no wear, so there will be less spark scatter.
 If one did not want to go this route the Crane system is a universal
system, and can be bought from a discount parts house.  The special
Marelli instructions are included.
 One note, Steven from Centerline is working on a new system for older
cars.  It sounds like the best system I have heard of yet.  It sounds
like it will be in the ballpark of the RML system as far as price.  There
are features he is incorporating into his that sound like it is the way
to go, if funds permit. If my funds would have permitted this is the
system I would have bought.  If this sounds like what we are looking for
give him a call, it should be getting close to the time he told me it
would be ready to go on sale.  Kevin, Orem Utah

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]