RE: self-releasing boot (trunk!)

	I experienced the same problem with my '91 164L. Driving on a rough road
would cause my trunk (boot) to pop open. I couldn't figure out why, however
I decided to take a chance that it wasn't an electrical problem and ordered
a new latch mechanism from my dealer. I fixed the problem in about ten
minutes - a simple replacement that anyone with a 10mm wrench can perform.
No problems in over a year since the replacement.

Bob Abhalter
Grand Rapids, MI
1991 164L
1969 Spider