Oil Pressure continued

First, thank you to all that responded on or off Digest with help.

Here's an update:  As suggested, I checked the oil pressure gauge by
grounding the wire that connects to the sensor.  As expected it spiked when
grounded.  Now, my actual oil pressure and the sending unit are suspect.
Hoping that it's the new sending unit (praying actually), my next step is to
find an ohm meter and test the sensor by looking for variance in resistance
as the sensor reads variance in pressure.-- Thanks to Tom Sahines for that
tip.

Carl750@domain.elided wrote:

>Absolutely not!!! At idle should typically be pointing at first tick mark
- ---
>manual always says 7-10 psi ----- I need see good engines below about
20-25.
>Are you sure you replaced the correct sending unit ---- rear side below
intake
>manifold --- above starter.  The sender is almost always the problem.

Thanks Carl-- I was misinformed about idle pressure readings.  Yes- I did
replace the correct sensor.  Tonight I'll find out if it's the sensor or oil
pump with the Ohm meter.

Oscar Perez
91- Spider
Indy/Speedway