RE: The Roll Bar and The Rag Top

>       The roll bar that Autopower sold me as a "race height" bar fits
under
> the top of my 82 Spider.  The bar measures 34 inches from the mounting
> location to the top.  The top bow rivets had to be drilled out and
replaced
> with bolts to disassemble the top to put it up or down.  The roll bar
touches
> the top when it is up and it takes 2 people and 15 minutes to put
> up or down.

hi russ,

exactly which rivets in the top frame do you drill out?  i finally bit the
bullet and got an autopower race height roll bar to replace my street bar,
and am looking at ways to get the top to clear.

i've got one other idea, which is to remove the top frame and just drape the
top over the roll bar for when i need to use the top.  this solution doesn't
work for everybody, but my spider is a fair weather only car and the only
time i use the top is when i get caught out in the rain.  the added benefit
of this method is that i loose the weight of the top frame.

comments?

tia,

bs