RE: Re: Cooked Coolant(??) and Kissed Pistons

> My theory is that the contact happened under high RPM where either the
valves
> are floating or the rods were stretching a tad.

my theory is that the noisy vale train noise you notices was piston/valve
contact.  my old verde slipped a couple of notches and got a noisy valve
train.  resetting the timing belt fixed it.

i'd worry about valve damage, not piston damage.  if the motor was together
and compression tested ok i'd leave it alone, if you have the heads off i'd
check the valves..

fwiw,

bs