Milano Ball Joints

Paul:

My recommendation is to replace all four.  I did mine
last fall.  It is not that difficult.  The fork will
work fine.  The old rubber boots will be shot, but who
cares since you are not going to put the old ones back
on.  you need to drill the upper ones out.  Use a
center punch to put an indent right at the center of
the rivet, and then use a drill bit that is slightly
larger than the rivet.  I think I used 1/4".  Loosen
the joints out of the spindle first.  Support the lower
A arm on a jack stand.  Make sure the lower ball joint
has enough clearance from the stand to come out.  Heat
around the lower ball joint, loosen nut, but keep it on
at first and hammer the ball joint out carefully.  When
the ball joint is ready to come out remove nut.

I kept my lower ball joints in the freezer over night.
I used a two jaw puley puller and a deep socket to
press the lower ball joints on.

If you need more help let me know.  Good luck

Abe
Madison, WI
88 Milano Gold