Wood Steering Wheels

     The SCCA General Competition Rules or GCR 11.2.1.U says, "Wood rim
steering wheels are prohibited."  Based upon what I have been reading in Alfa
Digest, the stock steering wheel on my 84 Alfa Spider ITB just looks like
wood.  However, anyone have suggestions on how to convince the Tech
Inspectors, Scrutineers (Screwed in the Ears) that it is not a wood wheel
other than drilling an inspection hole?  Maybe a reference from the feds that
wood rim steering wheels were prohibited on all cars imported after some
certain year?
	I was going to put the "wood" 84 wheel on my wife's 87 Graduate and put the
rubber 87 wheel on my 84, however, the horn activation mechanism appears
totally different.  I need no horn, but my wife's daily driver needs one.  Any
have a take off 87 rubber steering wheel for sale cheap?
	Has anyone put a removable steering wheel hub on an Alfa spider?  The weld on
styles listed in the racer catalogs fit either 5/8 or 3/4 shafts; however, the
Alfa shaft tapers from about 5/8 to about 3/4.  I anticipate a bit of a
squeeze getting in and out and a removable wheel will probably be added in the
future.
Thanks.
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City