re: how the Digest works.

ate: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:58:54 -0800
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
Subject: RE: How does the digest "work" (too long)

At 09:22 AM 3/10/99 -0500, Frank wrote:
>Jon asked: How does the digest "work"
> The digest server also takes
>that email and puts it in a queue named Alfa-Digest-Vol4-#3 (or
>something like that).

actually, it's named /var/spool/digest/alfa-digest/, and it's just a
directory where messages get put while a digest is pending. identification
of which digest is being assembled is handled elsewhere in the majordomo
system.

****************************

re: how the digest works Richard wrote:

"the character threshold used to be higher, but AOL has some silly behaviors
for large mail messages (which for AOL are over 25,000 characters,
apparently), so i tweaked it down. i'd rather run it up around 40,000
characters."

Now, if we could get an HTML'ed bulk Digest message, so clicking at the
subtitles on the begining would lead us to the messages we are interested
in................ (without having to go over the whole thing).

Jorge
California