One last time to the buttresses-

I've had a bit of off-digest discussion now on those seats.

By my parts books there are six different seats in this configuration-

105.59.58.001.00 left, with only minor screw adjustment for angle
105.59.58.002.00 right, with only minor screw adjustment for angle
which were apparently GTA 1300 Junior seats originally, judging from the
105.59 type number. There is no sign of provision for a headrest

LHD (by the 105.44 type number)
105.44.58.001.xx left seat with left adjusting knob
104.44.55.002.xx right seat w/adjustable upper portion w/right adjusting knob

RHD (by the 105.55 type number)
105.45.58,001,xx left seat w/adjustable upper portion w/left adjusting knob
105/45.58.002.xx right seat  w/right adjusting knob

My current hypothesis is that the adjustable portion of the passenger seat, on
either side, was not conceived as a safety device to prevent whiplash, but as
a reclined-seat lengthener to permit catnaps by the passenger/co-
driver/navigator, which would account for their being none for the driver.

The earliest road-test I have been able to find which showed an Alfa with
headrest was a Spider in October 1969. My 1967 Giulia Super made a point about
using the reclining seats as beds; sleep (etc) was a feature but whiplash was
not yet a regulatory concern.

Where the GTA 1300 Junior fitted into the 1750 picture is uncertain. I can
speculate, but see no convincing argument for one guess over another. They may
have been adaptable to add-on headrests, but none show in the books.

Noted in passing, as this is a GTV Veloce/Spider Veloce parts book, Tav.231
p.757-759 is rear seats for the Spider-

Cheers,

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.