Once more to the buttresses-

In AD7-548 Ben Higgins has a (presumably LHD) "Euro '69 1750 GTV with the
flying butress seats - it is the passengers side that has the headrest - wish
it was the driver's side." while Gordon de la Mare "had a series 1 1750GTV,
registered in 1970 but probably built late '69. The seats were as you
described (tufts, flying buttresses, Alfatex) including the fact that there
was only one adjustable headrest.  Funnily enough, this was on the passenger
side in the RHD versions.  They didn't have a headrest for the drivers side."
while I reported that the driver's side only had the adjustable headrest.

WELL- back to the book for another look-

OK. There are three different pairs of seats shown in the Euro book, none in
the US supplement.

(in the following, "XX" is 00 for gray cloth, 02 for fawn cloth, 10 black
plastic, 11 purple plastic, 12 wild boar plastic, 71 brown leather, 73 red
leather)

For the left-hand drive cars it shows seat 105.44.58.001.XX for the left seat
and 105.44.58.002.XX for the right seat and headrest, up to car 1375000.'

For the right-hand drive cars it shows seat 105.45.58.002.XX for the right
seat
and 105.45.58.001.XX for the left seat and headrest, up to car 1454000.

It also shows, with no adjustable headrests and color options, seat
105.59.58.001.00 for the left seat and 105.59.58.002.00 for the right seat,
with no indication of the application.

The other big difference is that the 105.59 seats have a simple screw
adjustment for the back angle, as on my old Giulietta, while the others have
the usual hand-knob angle adjustment.

So, of course, the 105.44, 105.45, and 105.59 is the clue.

105.44 is the 1750 GT Veloce.
105.45 is the 1750 GT Veloce G.d.
105.59 is the Giulia GTA 1300 Junior

The page on which the Giulia GTA 1300 Junior seats appear is not simply
misfiled; it is clearly marked 1750 GT Veloce.

And so the reason I didn't remember the adjustable headrests on the GTA seats
I had in my Giulietta was that there weren't any- and I thought it was just
because thirty years had passed- But if I remember correctly (big IF) the GTA
they came from was a 1600. Oh, well.

John

End of alfa-digest V7 #550