Re: coil springs

hi, you asked:
>  I wanted to pose a question, I am 85% sure on, but I rather be safe then
>sorry. Are rear coil springs from a Milano comptiable with a GTV/6 (1983). I
>realize they both use the same rear suspension, just wondering if there are
>any slight differences?  Further, the springs in question are red, are these a
>performance upgrade? I don't believe the stock ones were this colour.
according to alfa ricambi, gtwe6 springs are about 13% stiffer than milano
springs.  as far as height goes, gtwe6 springs are ~1.6"-1.8" shorter than
pre-'88 milano's, and ~0.6"-0.8" shorter than '88 and newer milano's.  this info
came from their '91-'92 parts catalog.

i recently got springs for my gtwe6 from alfa ricambi; they were red.  afaik,
they have 4 different lengths, w/2 different stifnesses, so who knows what is on
your car...  perhaps, alfa ricambi can help you figure it out:  800.225.alfa.

hope this helps,

doug s.