164 Problems

I would like to thank all of those who responded to my problems with my '91
164L.  It was "surging" when warm.  The condition got worse as time went
on, and eventually the car would not start.  The "check engine" light would
come on for short periods of time while this was happening.

A special thanks to Mark Manzonelli, who gave me the url to get the codes
from the Motronic unit.  As is turns out, the temperature sensor was bad.
Others have experienced problems with bad wiring at the sensor connection,
but mine was the sensor.  A new sensor and we're back in business.

The digest is a very valuable resource to those of us who tinker with our
cars.  Thanks again.

David Nolen

'91 164 (screaming down the road!)
'74 Spider
'68 Porsche 911
'69 Porsche 911 (Some assembly required)