164 Stepper Motors

Hello. I'm new to the forum. Being a proud 164 owner for the last month,
I am curious about the stepper motor gears, their lifespan, and what can
be done to prolong their life. Mine were replaced 6 months ago.

My questions are:

1. Is the replacement part an improved, more durable design? Or just
like the old part, making this an ongoing problem.

2. What can be done, if anything, to prolong the stepper motor gear's
life? I have heard that shutting the the climate control system down
before shutting off the car helps, as well as not using the Auto setting
on the climate control.

Appreciate any input...

Walter
Indianapolis, IN