Re: pulling an engine

Carson writes :
<< On my 87 milano plat with abs how much time/difficulty is there in pulling
 the engine. How would you rate it if a 105 engine and trans together is a 5
 out of 10. >>

I have never pulled a 105 engine and trans, but I have pulled my 87 platinum
engine a number of times, it is not difficult. The hardest parts are a)
removing the driveshaft and b) removing the coolant hose (order a new one)
from the drive side (US) head. A few notes in no particular order:
1) You DO NOT have to remove anything brake related.
2) Remove the pipes from the manifolds, but leave the manifolds and starter
on.
3) Remove the driveshaft at the front by loosening the nut which holds the
splined shaft.
4) Take it slow.
5) Installation is basically the reverse of removal.

John Katos
87 Milano Platinum