German digesters: what does CKD means?

Hello there!

For the german-speaking digesters (or anybody else who can answer this
question of course :) I have the following question.
I have some german data on production numbers of Alfa's and I came
across
this abbreviation: CKD.

Let me give you an example to clear out the context:

	Modell			Serie	Stuckzahl
1963	Giulia TI		105.14	25673
	Giulia Rechtslenker	105.09	301
	Giulia TI C.K.D.	105.14	1650
	Giulia TI Super		105.16	178

Ok, it doesnt mean right steering wheel, nor the faster TI Super, but
what does it mean? I also saw this abbreviation on lots of other
models: Giulietta TI CKD, 2600 Berlina CKD, Giulia 1600 Spider CKD,
Giulia Sprint GT CKD, etc etc.

Anybody any ideas?

- --
**Mark Springer * mspringe@domain.elided * http://www.sara.nl/mark **