In Praise of the 105 Series GTV

Is this some kind of record or what? Stopped at the traffic lights in 8.10
am traffic 3 lanes either way in the middle of the city with a cop car on
my left. A guy jumped out of his car, 3 cars behind, tapped on my window
and handed me his business car with the usual ..."If you ever want to sell
your car, give me a ring......" Happens all the time ; people approach and
ask to buy the car,  including a guy right outside a bank who waved his
chequebook and offered me $20,000 on the spot! But 4 times this year
already??!! Yet, there are still people who dismantle GTVs instead of
repairing them.

Over here the GTV seems to be the subject of admiration from both men and
women - "what a beautiful LITTLE car!" Yeah, right, lady. Sure makes my
day. My wife though, thinks the Spider is the ultimate in Alfas and would
love to have a '62-64 Giulia Spider, but she did say to me when I decided
to race the GTV at Manfeild "I don't care what you do to the GTA, but don't
bend the GTV!" Now there's a discerning woman..

Les   GTV fanatic in Wellington, NZ