re: jacking

Simon is exactly right, there is no good place to jack up the front end of
a 105/115 Alfa.  The factory jacking sockets are strong enough, but it's a
pain to have to raise one side at a time, and tilting the car can be a
problem, especially if you need to get it up really high.  The front
crossmember would be perfect, but I can't get my jack under there.  One
trick I sometimes use if I need to remove both front wheels is to drive the
car up on ramps, then put a jack under the front crossmember and lift the
car up enough to take out the ramps and put jackstands underneath.  Sounds
wierd, but it takes less time than jacking one side, putting in a
jackstand, letting down the jack, moving the jack, and doing the other side.

Dana Loomis