164 handing issues...

You'll have to forgive me- even though we own a 164, I usually don't pay
too much attention to the discussions (except for wierd running ones..).

SO, we've had a 164 for just about 2 years now- its always had a pulling
to the left issue on power, I thought this was normal for a high performance
FWD car.  BUT it got worse, started clunking around turns, and started
pulling hard to the RIGHT on deceleration!  So I took it to my mechanic, and
what did he find?  Lower ball joint left side- absolutely shot, right engine
mount- worse than shot- destroyed, AND right lower control arm bushings-
completely gone.  All were fixed, and boy is this car nice now, its still my
wife's car, and now I won't push her so much for a new one.  :).

Anyway, the point of this post- apparently the bushings are NOT replaceable
if you ask ARDONA, or just Alfa....  Does anybody out there know of replaceable
bushings for the lower control arms on a 164??  I now have a very good used
lower arm, since new ones are on back order for the last couple of years.

Thanks.
Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI