Welty Fund "Address"

>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 23:22:43 EST
>From: SandC994@domain.elided
>Subject: BILL IS DOING GOOD WORK!
>
>BILL SAYS TOUGH BEANS?  Hmmm.  THE INTENT WAS TO NEVER ABUSE BILL AT ALL. HE
>IS DOING A GOOD THING!  Bill IS missing the point a bit though... when someone
>asks for an address in order to provide the needed help and gets such an
>indirect response, it is a bit frustrating.

Just a thought here. If someone asks for the "address" for the Welty Fund,
and the only previously published "address" had been the (now widely
publicised) URL then surely it's reasonable to assume someone was after the
web "address"?
Lets not forget we are on an electronic mail digest/list here, and these
days, and address can mean snail mail, Website, or email. I'm sure that if
someone had asked Bill for the "snail mail" address he would have provided
it without hesitation. Perhaps there was a little ambiguity (i think thats
how its spelt) in the request for the address for the Welty Fund.

I for one thought that the person was asking for the URL "address".

*admittedly I havent sent my cheque, and have no excuse until i do....*
- --
Nathan Wong             http://www.nectar.com.au/~alfacors
                      Alfa Romeo - Super Touring - Club Cars
AlfaCors@domain.elided       V8Supercars - Formula One - CART