RE: alfa-digest V7 #530 and the Richard Welty Fund

> Ask the BMW folks about the empty void...

1) AlfaBill, can you clarify this for us?  Does that mean that the Bimmer
group disappeared?

*********
> 	Take a few minutes and help support this great resource. You have a
> Digest owner reduced to trying to sell t-shirts to support something you
> get for free. Put a little effort into this. It goes to the ISP bill.
> For YOUR benefit.

2) Count me in.  I AM sending my check.  I believe in paying for what I get.
here is the address again:
http://members.tripod.com/alfabill/weltyfund.htm

***********
> 	I have received some e-mail telling me that the Digest is
> public domain
> and should be free...How cheap can you get? I spell it MOOCH.

3) Now my 2 cents.  I already said I AM sending my check.  I believe the
information found here cannot be valued with a dollar value, meaning, it's
worth A LOT MORE than 10-20 bucks a year.  So if that's the way it goes, so
be it.  But, does it have to be that way?  I know all of you are aware of
the many other options out there in the net to establish a forum for free.
Visit for instance the new Alfa 75 source (fresh enough) by Maarten in
eGroup, the GTV6 forum (I hope it's free for Michael Harris), my nearly
defunct Alfa forum in DejaNews (yeah! for months I couldn't subscribe to AD,
except read the archives, so I figured let's create an easier alfa forum,
since it's FREEEEEE).
And there are several other more dedicated or specific alfa forums (fori)
that I'm sure are free for the administrators.  I am gettig ready to make
the ALfa Forum  in Deja News disappear,  I have no interest in glory or
credit.  Certainly I'm no Alfa authority or guru. If anybody wants to take
the spot, Richard may be?, I'll be happy to tend it over.  We would need to
figure out what to do with the archives, right?
My few Lire.
Jorge
California