Spider rear g/box mount

I went to replace the rear gearbox mounting bush on the spider today, I
was dreading taking this out, however when I took the mounting bracket
out the bush just slid out !!  Unfortunatly this was due to the fact the
ally carrier (part of the gearbox) has a crack all the way through it,
therefore resulting in no interference fit, does anyone have any ideas
on how to fix this ? ally welding, etc.  Also what orientation should
the bush be ?
- --
Adam Coombe, Isle of Wight
77 spider