Re: Injection History

I had the dubious honor of having been a mechanic for a while in the
middle '70s and had quite a number of jobs working on cars fitted with
the early Bosch Jetronics of that day. With all due respect to the later
versions of the Jetronic injection apparatus, the mechanical SPICA system
that Alfa used was much higher performance at the time, and managed to
stay clean enough to produced very nice power for quite a while.

The Italian EFI system I'm most familiar with is the Weber-Marelli unit
fitted to Ducati and Moto Guzzi motorcycles. It had its start for some
Ferrari or Alfa Romeo turbocharged race car and was adapted to the
motorcycles extremely successfully. It's a fully mapped system with a
very high degree of precision, and has proven to be extremely reliable in
use for 12 years now.

Performance wise, it blows the doors off the old Jetronic that the BMW
K-bikes were fitted with, and is still a bit higher performance than the
much more expensive Bosch Motronic.

Godfrey