Marcus asked,"Which spider is best?"

Marcus, I suggest the 1982, if you just want a street ride This is the
first year for Bosch fuel injection and the last year before the goofy,
boy-racer (just a personal opinion), plastic protruberances were glued,
nailed or stapled on by the factory. It's a generally- reliable,
easily-maintainable car with clean lines. Handling is no more or less
impressive than later Spiders, and all can be improved with a small amoun=
of money.

The most important thing on the car to look at is the previous owner (or
owners). Did the person take care of the car? Is it clean, has the oil be=
en
changed regularly, has other service been done when scheduled, is
everything kept in working order, does the owner take pride in it?  Look
for rust -- wheel arches, floors, trunk floor, doors, rockers. Since you
are not familiar with Alfa's
It is worth it to cull the candidates down and take the winner to a real
ALFA (not the Chevron station or the we-specialize-in-all-makes) shop for=

an evaluation Buy the best car you can find at a reasonable price -- no
rust, no missing or non-functional parts, no smoking or rattling engine, =
no
torn top, no body damage. Prices are pretty reasonable on these cars, so
buying a project will cost a lot more than a good driver in the long run.=

Plus, you can spend more time driving and less time repairing a good car,=

For the $10,000 in your budget, I suspect  you can buy more than one good=

one and maybe get to keep some change.

Paul Rollins
Vancouver, WA