RE: Differences between 72 -74 Spiders i

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 , "Mike Nakamura" wrote:

> As far as we were able to tell the only difference were the rubber
additions
> to the stainless bumpers.

On '74 U.S. Spiders, a black "nerf bar" was added to the nose of the car,
spanning horizontally between the front bumper halves in front of the
grille.  I also believe there were structural enhancements to the front
bumper substructure -- I've heard that the front bumper from a '74 Spider
is not interchangeable with one from a '71-'73 Spider.  Can anyone
confirm this?