SPICA vs carbs

>Bibba, I'd almost bet you could guess at what my comments would be
>regarding the Spica issue.  In every single case of malfunctions and
>breakdowns of the Spica system, the cause is due to improper
maintenance by
>the owner or the lousy service - mechanic provider.   Fred Di Matteo
Fort
>Myers, Florida

I was going to stay out of SPICA vs Carbs thread as I drive properly
maintained SPICA and carbed Alfas on a daily basis but WOW (in EVERY single
case) - according to Fred the SPICA pump will last forever if properly
maintained - that is an amazing feat of engineering and quality control!  I
guess you could also say the same thing about maintenance/breakdown for 99% of
everything else mechanical too - then again having the SPICA pump
professionally rebuilt every year would fall under maintenance - but what is
considered a regular/acceptable level of maintenance?

I too would like the maintenance schedule for the SPICA pump that will make it
last and run good forever.

Ben Higgins
Galveston, Texas
My vote is for carbs.