HORN HELP

I have recently stripped, stained and re-coated the steering wheel from my
74 Spider. Alas after placing the wheel back onto the car I now find that my
horn sporadically sounds every time I turn a corner. This is fine if there
is someone attractive walking/driving by but not so good in the opposite
scenario !! Have I tightened the nut too tightly in the centre of the wheel
or is there some insulation missing broken between the wheel and the column

TIA

Simon