Alfa Songs

<<<<<
Maybe to begin the healing someone should compose a song

Strange that you should mention songs... I've been working up a couple.
With apologies to Simon and Garfunkle:

Hello, darkness, my old friend.  I've come to talk to you again.
I had a vision softly coming of a Spider strongly running
And the vision that was planted in my brain still remains:
Hearing the sound of SPICA.

In restless dreams I worked alone.  Auto skills were being honed.
Beneath the halo of a shop light.  Fouled injectors I would fight.
Turn the key and listen to sound of the engine's bite, rip the night.
The sound of SPICA.

And on the highway drive I saw, ten thousand Hondas maybe more.
People driving without feeling.  People moving without caring.
Generic cars that don't lift their voices to the air... or even care.
Except the sound of SPICA.

The fool I am by now should know.  Rust like a cancer grows.
Sometimes it costs too much to fight, cost of body work is far too high.
And my tears in the dream came unbidden and softly fell, into the well
Without the sound of SPICA.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the boring cars they made.
I wanted to shout my warning, in my heart words were forming.
But my words were ignored by the drivers in their cars, that look like jars.
And no more sound of SPICA.

(This song parody is from my upcoming column "From the Other Side of the
Ozarks" in the March newsletter of the Alfa Romeo Owners' Club of Oklahoma.)

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "SnowHawk", 155k miles
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 131k miles
1974 Spider, "Sperimentali", 55k miles with SPICA

End of alfa-digest V7 #519