Re: Petrol smell from Dellortos

>However I'm now getting quite strong petrol smells that seem to be coming
>out of the carbs/airbox. They are most noticeable after the car has been
>parked in the garage following use: the smell lasts for many hours. There
>are no obvious external leaks around the carbs or lines, and it smells the
>strongest at the intake to the airbox, implying to me that the fumes are
>coming from inside the (DHLA 40) carbs.

Mark

Recently I have crawled under and over the engine bay on the side the
Webers live, and followed the fuel line to see if there were any leaks in
the Green GTV - found nothing. The smell is there just as you describe it
and all I can conclude is that this crap petrol is now overloaded with
aromatics. The small amount of overflow from the carbs is enough to stink
the whole place out. I run trumpets with Redline sock-type filters so I
guess that just makes it a whole lot worse.

Les in Wellington, New Zealand