[no subject]

My first Alfa was a '69 Giulia Sprint.  Originally a Normale, in 1971, the
head cracked.  So, the 1600 got a late 1600 Veloce head, '65 Veloce cam,
'65 Veloce pistons, and 40mm Webers.  The result was strong enough to
embarras owners of carburated 2-litre 911 Porsches.

This car was eventually replaced by a '69 1750 Sprint. It's performance was
about the same or slightly stronger than the Veloce'd Giulia.  But it got 2
mpg better fuel milage.  The Spica injected engine was at least as strong
as the Giulia Veloce, just as reliable, and 10% more efficient.

In sum, the only advantage that Webers have over Spica is that lots of
people with a dyno and a big box of jets can get more power out of Webers,
but Wes Ingram is the only one in the US who can do the same with a Spica
unit.

The 1750's engine is being rebuilt now.  The Spica has been sent to Ingram
to rebuild and warm up.  No Webers!  The engine room of my 1750 is not a
museum!

chrisp