Re: alfa-digest V7 #513

> Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 15:05:07 -0500
> From: "Colin Verrilli" <verrilli@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: V-6 injectors & Fuel rail
>
> Ralph Moorhouse <ralfalfa@domain.elided> writes:
> > The fuel rail hoses  on my '83 GTV-6 are showing their age - cracks but no
> > leaks (yet!).  How do you replace them?
>
> You have to pull the plenum, unbolt the injectors, pull fuel intake and exit
> lines and pull the fuel rail. To remove the hoses, I slit them with a
> utility knife and then used a soldering iron to melt the hose out of the
> collar at the end of the slit. Replacing them is a matter of buying
> replacement hose (by the foot) and cutting to the right length and then
> pressing them back into the collar. While you have it apart, replace the
> injector seals (2 per injector).

I have always done away with those silly collars and simply used a worm
drive hose clamp on each end of the hose. Whatever your technique, be
CERTAIN to use line that is rated for fuel injection pressures. Conventional
fuel hose for carburetted cars is not up to the task, and presents a potential
fire hazard.

Joel Hailey
Centerline Products
Boulder Co