Don't run out and buy that 95 buck GTV6 bottle yet

Hi guys,

All this fussin over NLA GTV6 bottles  made me wonder about other
replacements.  Since I am working on my as new Sav-a-Lot 83 GTV6, I
decided to check out the available space for a potential Milano bottle
fittment.  I placed a spare Milano coolant resevoir into that area,
and yes, it will mount.  It is necessary to place the bottle with its
two smaller out pipings towards the rear of the car and a nylon spacer
to fit under one mounting tab, while a bracket would have to be made
up to locate against the other mounting tab.  I am thinking of using a
piece of band metal 13 mm wide, making a U shape and attached to the
fenderwall in two places, one near the shock tower, the other onto the
fenderwall area itself.   It will also be necessary to fit a longer
section of coolant hose to the upper radiator piping, the larger
diameter hose can remain and the heater line hose is about in the same
place.  Not too much work and there is adequate clearance when closing
the hood.  Now, if you'd rather spend whatever amount of money on a
original bottle, that's fine, its just that Milano bottles might be
priced at about 20 dollars.

Also, somewhat GTV6 related, I spent some time in les Boys du Pep,
all those Grant aftermarket steering wheels you have ignored
previously---go back and look again.  If your Pep Boys has their
master catalog, they list a hub fittment for GTV6 as well as Alfettas,
though no other Alfas.  And the steering wheels they now produce or
offer are much better than models in the past.  They have a unique
five point mounting system that immediately makes them impossible to
use with Momo hubs, unless you can drill and tap, that is.  Still,
the Grant emblems are not fitting for an Alfa, but you could probably
adhere a self adhesive Alfa logo onto the horn button.  Something to
consider if everything is not working out otherwise.

Ciao,  Jay