Re: 2000 Crankshaft bolt

****************
David Willis writes:
This is a '74 2000 Spider. The crankshaft pulley appears to be held on
with
a bolt or machine screw; not the nut that appears in the shop manual

Is this mother left-hand threaded, by any chance?
****************

Dave, keep grunting. Facing the engine it un-bolts in the normal
counter-clockwise rotation. The bolt is hollow and "screws" onto the end
of the crankshaft (of course). Since it torques down at 140 Ft-lbs
(oiled) and it  might have been a few years since removed, yer gonna
hafta git a big long breaker bar. Since they're cheaper and easier to
find, I use a good quality 1 1/2" socket. Also, there is a "lock" washer
beneath the bolt - of the type where the tab is bent-up to prevent
coming un-done (at 140 Ft-lbs ??) - which needs to be bent back first.
Consider a squirt or 2 of WD-40. Won't hurt and my stock will go up
immeasurably.

When your face turns a bright red, it just perhaps, might consider
undoing.

Biba
Irwindale CA
AlfaCyberSite http://home.earthlink.net/~biba/