Re: GTV6 won't shift into first

>When
>the car is not moving and the engine is on it is almost impossible to
>shift into 1st (or any other gear) from neutral.  It doesn't grind, the
>shift lever just refuses (without forcing it too much) to go into gear.

This sounds to me as you're not getting full clutch disengagement. This
happens on my Moto Guzzi motorcycles (also a dry, two plate clutch
arrangement) when either the clutch release mechanism is misadjusted or
the central "floating" pressure plate is warped. On the Alfa, I'd first
suspect the clutch hydraulics to be out of wack and then start thinking
about the clutch assembly itself.

Godfrey